The Uganda Olympic Committee (UOC) was constituted in 1950 and recognized by the IOC in 1956. The UOC General Assembly is the legislative and highest organ of the Committee which is constituted and composed as described in the relevant provisions of the UOC Statutes. It meets in ordinary sessions. It also meets in Extra-Ordinary sessions as circumstances may warrant it.
It is the National Olympic Committee (NOC) recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) pursuant to the Olympic Charter. Its membership is comprised of 30 affiliated member federations/associations.
Affiliation of the UOC
The UOC is affiliated to:
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- The Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC)
- The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF)
- The Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA)
- The Islamic Solidarity Sports Federation (ISSF)
The Principle Organs of the UOC
- The General Assembly
- The Executive
- The UOC Council
- The Secretariat
- The Commission
We represent and promote values of Olympic and Commonwealth Movements in Uganda, attaining sustainable excellence through strategy implementation, stakeholder collaboration and support.
We lead in excellence and promotion of Olympism.
Our 2022-2027 Strategic Plan
You can read/download our 2022-2027 strategic plans.
The Core values
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Athlete Development and Support
- Organisational Effectiveness and Sustainability
- Capacity Development
- Business Development
- Promotion of Olympic and Commonwealth Values